Monday, December 1, 2008

"It Wasn't My Gun"


The latest development in the Plaxico Burress shooting (of Plaxico Burress) has the legal world reeling.

Talking to reporters for the first time on the subject, a weary Burress stated, "On the night before Thanksgiving, I loaned my pants to my cousin, Dewey. When he gave them back to me, he must have left his gun there. I would not even have thought to look in that pocket as I hardly ever use that pocket."

Dewey Burress could not be reached for comment, but the Burress family did release the following statement, "After Thanksgiving dinner, Dewey borrowed a pair of Plaxico's pants. He then went down the street to play a little basketball, where the pants were left unattended on a bench for a few hours. It was during this period of time when the gun was most likely placed in the pocket of Plaxico's pants. When Dewey put the pants back on, he did not check it for a gun because why would he?"


Undated picture of Dewey Burress in a Manhattan club.

No comments: